Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The beginning of a Journey

This year I am finally going to do it! I am going to lose the weight that I have been PROMISING myself that I would lose for the last.. oh.. i don't know FOREVER.

What lead to this determination to be healthier? Weighing myself for the first time in months and seeing a number that I am less that happy to see. It's truly depressing. So I decided that instead of curling up in a ball and crying my eyes out (like I really want to do).. I am going to DO SOMETHING about it!! I am in charge of my heath and my fate!



I have set certain goals that I am hoping will help me accomplish this:

* Track what I am putting into my body(food) and what I am putting out of my body (exercise). I have heard tons of people use weight watchers but honestly I don't want to pay for it.. I am using WebMD which is $FREE.99!! Yah Buddy!

* Stop focusing on that darn number on the scale and start focusing on how I feel. Am I feeling stronger? More energetic?

* I have set a goal to run (yes RUN!!!) a 5K in May! If you'd like to join me, I am doing the Race for the Cure on May 11th! And it's for a great cause which is even better!

* I am striving to give myself the positive affirmation that I need to feel that I am succeeding. If I can't give it to myself why should I expect someone else (i.e. my husband) to give it to me?

Speaking of the husband!! He has been such a HUGE support to me in this! He has told me over and over that he loves me no matter what and I know he does! He helps me get my lazy bumb out of bed in the morning and stay motivated to exercise at night after I have worked a long day.. and I'm exhausted. I am so grateful to have him and I consider him my SECRET WEAPON!!!

So one day I might get brave and post before pictures but for now I am going to leave you with a little motivation that I have found on pinterest!



 
 

Happy Healthy times!!

Love,

Shay J

1 comment:

Me said...

That is awesome! I am going to have to check out WebMD. I am doing the same thing this year and have a long way to go to get to my goal weight, but we can do it!!!