Tuesday, March 9, 2010

.:Obey the Rules:.



I have decided that dating in Utah
is
ridiculous.

It seems to me that "Mormon boys" have forgotten how to properly court a woman.

*They seem to think that one date equals a marriage proposal therefore, they simply don't ask.
*They also forget how to call, text, or even acknowledge that we even exist during the week unless there is an activity going on.
*X box or "nofriendo Nintendo" is WAY more important than we are.




So let's refresh what the definition of dating is shall we?

Dating:
Dating is about two people coming together to get to know one another and find out whether they are compatible, then enjoying each other's company and eventually forming a close bond and relationship.



So here are the new rules that I have decided will help prevent any more heartbreak in my life.
[cause quite frankly my poor little ticker can't take too much more!]

~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~


DATING RULE # 1:

If you are interested in me, you will ask me out.
Period.

No more of this...
"Well he is never gonna ask me out, so I have to be the one to ask him out"
kinda crap!

And yes, I'm old fashioned.

:]


Dating Rule # 2:

No Texting!


(This is a new rule for me, and to be honest it might be a little hard to keep. I think that texting makes dating so impersonal.)

Only an occasional..

"be there soon"

"running late"

"Have a good day"

sorta text is okay




Dating Rule # 3:

Be A Gentleman



Which means opening the door.
(Doesn't have to be always, but definitely when I am getting in the car. or walking into a building)
And an occasional compliment goes this(..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................) Far!!! [Which is pretty darn far]


Guys, here's a helpful hint...
Chivalry is most definitely NOT DEAD!
It's actually SUPER HOT!



Dating Rule # 4:

I will ONLY date worthy Priesthood holders.

I know. I know. I'm such a prude.

HA HA HA!
[Sorry I couldn't help but chuckle at that]

;]



Dating Rule # 5:

No kissing w/o communication.


Which means that both people need to express how they feel about kissing and their intentions.
I have found that this eliminates a lot of confusion and heart ache.


So I think that's all I can think of for now.

What are/were your dating rules?
I'm curious to see what other people think and what other things might help with making this game of dating a bit more fun and a little less stressful.

until then,

♥ Shay

No comments: