Monday, May 21, 2012

Mormon Monday

Yesterday I had the opportunity of hearing President Uchtdorf (a modern apostle of the Lord, Jesus Christ) speak! He said a lot of things that I know I needed to hear. One of those things was using media for good. He talked about all of the websites that the church has out there. I decided that I need to be better at putting what I believe out there and letting others know that there is hope. There is peace waiting to be found within this gospel. So I decided that instead of just sitting on the wonderful things he said.. i would get up and act on it! So I decided that every Monday I am dedicating to my Mormon faith.

MORMON MONDAY!!!

 Although the actual name of our Church is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, we are referred to as "Mormons" because of the Book of Mormon. It is a volume of scripture comparable to the bible. It was written by holy prophets here in the America's and it testifies of Christ. I know that The Book of Mormon is the word of God just as I know that the Holy Bible is the word of God. They work hand in hand to bring us closer to our Savior, Jesus Christ, and to our Loving Heavenly Father.

I hope that you find peace and joy and inspiration to keep going through these posts and that you will share them with your friends and family who need the same.

Today's message is brought to you by a very good friend of mine who taught me that I am a daughter of God. That it's ok to be uniquely me. It's ok to not fit the "mold" of what the world thinks I need to look like or act like or be. I am me! And I like it!!! Thanks M&M!!





No comments: