Thursday, November 6, 2008

.:My Dad:.

So some of you might know that my dad had a brain tumor almost 11 Years ago, and has been cancer free since. Well last week I got an e-mail from my step mom... this is what it said....


"5 times in the last 2 weeks, your dad has had episodes of numbness and drooping on his right side. So far, they seem only temporary but they are visible and last a while. He went to the Dr over a week ago and was sent for another MRI and MRA. They called back and said he had a new dark spot on his brain but that the original surgery site from his brain tumor was clear. Then the Dr left town for a week. Last Thurs at another Dr appointment, the Dr said it appears that he is having mini-strokes. They have done ultra sound testing on his neck and it "appears clean relative to age". They believe the mini-strokes are being caused by small blood clots but don't know where they are coming from. For now, he is on medication that is supposed to thin the blood and diminish the chance for stroke or heart attack. Sometime soon, the Dr. is also trying to set up an appointment for your dad to see a neurologist at the U of U to make sure they are on the right track and do more extensive neurological testing."

Well I was talking to my dad last night and he said that the U couldn't even get him in until January. I am asking all of you that read this to please keep a prayer for him in your heart, that he will be able to get in sooner and that the doctors will be able to figure out and understand what is wrong with him. Also Family is encouraged to fast for him as well. Thanks for the extra prayers in this time of need.

2 comments:

Me said...

Oh, Shay! I'm so sorry! I will definitely keep your dad in my prayers! I hope everything goes well for you and your family! The Lord is looking out for you guys! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you! Feel free to send me an email or whatever if you just need to vent or cry as well! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

Kacie Powell Keele said...

Please tell your Dad that we love him and he is in our prayers, as you all are. I remember when he first got cancer and being so worried about him and about all of you guys. I think about that every once in a while and about what a miracle it is that he has stayed cancer free. Have faith.