Thursday, February 4, 2010

.: Deep In Thought:.



Today I find myself deep in thought.

My life up to this point has had it's own challenges, yes, but I have been so increadibly blessed.
I have experienced
Love.
Loss.
Joy.
Sadness.
Hope.
Dispair.
Faith.
Sorrow.



And still I know
with all of my heart
that every experience has been meant for me.

They have been there to teach me about who I really am.
Every experience, good or bad, has taught me where my trust really lies.
And that is with my Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ, my Savior.

This earth life will never be perfect.
But the the next life will be.
And that knowledge makes me want to do everything in my power to make good choices that will allow me to be with my Eternal Family forever.

I don't know where I would be without that peace and knowledge.

I am so grateful that there is a plan for me.
And that I do have a way to make up for all of the short comings and all of the mistakes that I make on a daily basis.
And that is The Atonement of Jesus Christ.

I know with all of my heart that the gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way that we will ever be truly happy. It's the only way that we will ever be able to make it back to live in Heaven again.

And that is why I am re-dedicating my life to sharing that knowledge.


I have been thinking about going on a mission for the last 2 years and I have felt many times that it is what I am supposed to do.
But stubbornly I have not been allowing myself to fully commit to this HUGE decision.

[ I mean it's 1.5 years of my life. I could be married and have a baby in that amount of time. I could almost be done with my associates degree.]


But none of that matters because I know that my Father has a plan and that serving him for 1.5 years is what is in store for me.

.Am I terrified?
YES!

.Am I excited?
Depends on the day
;]

.Am I ready?
????

.Will God fit me to the challenges that will come with this decision?
Absolutely!


I know that with Him nothing is impossible.
Including going on a mission.



I know it is right and I feel so much peace about it.

I have no idea how I will pay for it
and how I will pay for all of my medical exams before hand.
But somehow it will all work out.

I have faith in Him.

So please pray for me that I will find the strength to continue on this journey of great responsibility.
and
pray for the financial assistance that is greatly needed.



Love,
S

1 comment:

Kacie Powell Keele said...

Shaylyn, you will be an awesome missionary! You've got my prayers! Love you!