Monday, February 22, 2010

.:Fear vs. Faith:.

Wow.
So I have been thinking a lot lately about my fears in life.
I realized that I am a big "'fraidy cat"

I've been struggling a lot lately with my fears:

.......................................
  • about going on a mission and my fears

  • of staying here and not going.

  • falling in love.

  • Getting married

  • Not ever getting married



Lately I have realized that one of my biggest fears is having a child with Downs Syndrome or some other disability. I know that's a really selfish fear. But I just didn't think that I could ever be strong enough to handle something like that. As I have been thinking about this, I found an amazing story about a woman who recently gave birth to a little girl with downs syndrome. Then, today at work a mom came in to get some glasses for her 2 year old son. He is the cutest boy and he made my heart melt instantly. I later realized that this little boy has Downs. I could feels God's love for that little boy, and I realized that no matter what happens in life, God's love is all around us. And everything will work out the way that it is supposed to.

It is all a matter of faith.

I too often let my fears outweigh my faith.
.....................................

The 2nd Counselor in my bishopbric gave an amazing talk yesterday about this very thing. Some of his talk was taken from "Cast not away therefore your confidence" that Elder Holland gave at a Byu Devotional in 1999. Here are some things that stood out to me from this talk.
[p.s. you should serisouly read it! It's an amazing talk!]


"Beware the temptation to retreat from a good thing. If it was right when you prayed about it and trusted in it, it is right now."

"“'it isn’t over until it’s over.'

The fight goes on. Unfortunately we must not think Satan is defeated with that first strong breakthrough which so dramatically brought the light and moved us forward."




"Cast not away therefore your confidence,
which hath great recompence of reward.
For ye have need of patience,
that, after ye have done the will of God,
ye might receive the promise"
Hebrews 10: 35-36


No comments: